Thursday 29 October 2015

Illuminating York 2015

Illuminating York is one of the first festivals of it's kind in the UK! It is now in its 10th year and is one of the most magically beautiful events I have seen. Running between October 28th-31st, the beautiful city is illuminated in unique and breathtaking ways. The festival re-defines well known sites in York and brings to light hidden gems enclosed in the historic city. From illuminating works of art to fringe events across the city, Illuminating York 2015 is said to be one of the best yet and I couldn't agree more after witnessing the opening night.

My personal favourite was seeing The Shambles lit up by glitter balls running down the centre enhanced by strategically placed lights. The whole street glistened and was filled with sighs of delight by the many attendees.


The Museum Gardens were another luminous delight, filled with botanical themed lights and sounds. As everybody walked around York's beloved Museum Gardens, all to be heard were positive comments and gazes of awe... A truly impressive display.




Of course, after all of the excitement of the magical lights, what better than some crepes rustled up by a Come Dine With Me winner? This adorable crepe van was filled with West End classics and you're served by charming men in suits and bow ties!


With 2015 being the UNESCO year of light, Illuminating York truly represented that in full form. The works of art by students displayed in The Guildhall were a perfect representation of this spectacular festival. As usual, York hasn't failed to impress me. Illuminating York is a must see and I can't wait for 2016's festival.

Want to get to know me more?

Follow me on Instagram: laurenbovill
Follow me on Twitter: bovill_lauren
Add me on Snapchat: laurenbovill 
Email me: lauren-bovill@live.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment