Thursday 18 June 2015

Getting back to it | Back to the gym for me!

"Yes yes, I'll go back to the gym soon!" - if I had a pound for every time I've said that to myself I'd probably be able to buy the gym..

I've finally bitten the bullet and re-joined the gym! I have such a love-hate relationship with the gym. I hate the idea of it, but once I'm there I love it. I'm one of those people who's body isn't terrible but isn't great either. I find once I've been to the gym for a while I start to notice a difference but in the process of waiting for the toning and definition I get seriously seriously impatient! I'm not one of those people who respects the 'good things come to those who wait' attitude, I want a perfect toned bum, tum and legs immediately!

Being back at the gym today did remind me that I'm actually quite strong and made me want to improve on that. What it also made me realise is that I am not as fit as I used to be, running on that treadmill was seriously hard work!

One thing I love about the gym is definitely getting myself motivated with snazzy gym gear! Despite my boring bottoms, I am deeply in love with my gym shoes! They're Nike Frees and are now annoyingly in the sale! I feel like I'm walking on clouds when I'm wearing these and they also really support my feet in the gym too! I really like Nike gym wear, I love the patterns and colours and that it's always easy to match their individual garments up to create a fun gym outfit.

Being off uni for the whole summer, the gym also gives me something to do whilst I'm not at work and probably keeps me sane at the same time, always a bonus. After being really apprehensive about getting back into the gym, I'm so pleased that I did. I love the feeling you get after a workout and after a while, the gym really does help to keep a positive mental attitude too! I've already committed to doing spin classes too which I've never tried before! Today for my first time back in a few months, I just started with some light cardio and did a few sets of squats and went on to work mainly on my legs using the machines at the gym.

I'm a member of DW gym because it's really beneficial to me that they have gyms based all over the country! I love that they keep the gyms really well and they're always clean and tidy. They have a really relaxed but professional attitude and it makes you feel at ease when you're there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment