Wednesday 29 April 2015

A Big Change

As everybody around me is finishing their first year of Uni, excited to progress to their next, I am in the process of swapping my course. Coming to the end of my first year doing an education degree, it suddenly struck me, this is NOT what I want to do. So I got in contact with the Marketing Management programme leader and arranged a meeting to discuss transferring onto a course which fascinates me and that I feel really passionate about.

Telling the family would be a biggy, so I eased myself into that one by telling my sister, who as it happens has a part time job in social media marketing. Next was my Mum, who I thought was going to go absolutely ballistic but instead told me to do what makes me happy and she could tell I was excited about it, massive weight off my shoulders. I still haven't brought myself to tell my Dad yet as he is so excited that I could one day become a primary school teacher. Sorry Dad... 
Image result for york
I go to Uni in York, which is the most beautiful place, its historic buildings and quaint little shops and cafes never fail to entice me into hours of exploring and always finding something new. York is the perfect place to bring family and friends for days of shopping, amazing food and some of the best cocktails you'll ever taste. 

   

Home away from York is just outside Lincoln, which is equally as beautiful I realise after being away from it. Another home is Hayton, a tiny little village where my Dad resides with my two sisters and lovely step mum! The best of  both worlds would definitely describe my home life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment